Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Remembrance

It's your birthday today. I remember. I have thought about you all day, remembering the fun times we had as young married couples. I've thought about you today, I've not forgotten, as I think of enjoying fondue together, your chocolate was great! and pnut butter sandwiches, liver and onions, the many bites of brownies, yum...the ones that didn't have any calories, the crumbs!!
And the boys playing 'Dukes of Hazard!' On your Mark, Nick set go in your backyard on Idaho Street! Piano lessons for Lorie, dinners together, with china and silver dishes! The men 'spending time together looking at magazines! I remember.
And though I have lost contact with Steve and your children, I think about you more than you probably would guess. You were a dear friend! I remember it's your birthday today!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. You ran a good race... Happy Birthday Sue...

4 comments:

lorieloo said...

oh mom, i got choked up reading that. i'm sad i don't remember her much.

i will remember, all the more, too soak up all those memories of my friends and our times together. you never know when they'll be cut short.

i love you.

Anonymous said...

Would I know Sue aunt Carol?

carol grams said...

I don't believe you would know Sue. She was a dear friend, from our early married years...sister in the Lord...

carol grams said...

oh and Lorie, I still have beautiful roses!! LOL!