Tuesday, April 29, 2008

arizona and back

Friendship is such a blessing! To be able to roll up to the car and climb in, into her life, Mike's life with out a pause, with out hesitation. To share heart to heart in moments of climbing into her car. Truly Carole you are a gift from our Lord! Thank you for your listening ear, and words of encouragement, letting me pour out all that has been inside me for a while...hmmmmm...
However! it was not all serious talk! It was pinky up lunch and treadmill talk, bowling!!! yes bowling!! now that was a Hoot!! I showed that gutter who was boss!! A really relaxing long day sitting beside the pool and the first swim for the year...hot dogs and Marvin Gaye!! on the grassy lawn! Movies and popcorn, swimming fish stories, salt and 'cooking by feel'! Laughter, architecture (famous to boot) and car adornment! Worship of our God, lunch and a hunt for micro grains!
Back in the car and off to the airport...back to life, back to my husband, children, Henry (he gets a name!), back to work! Wow! it was quick! and O so much fun!

3 comments:

Emily Faulknor said...

Well, who is your friend in Arizona Carol? I am so glad you had this much needed girl time. How special! Are you going to post pics?

carol grams said...

Hi Em!
My friend Carole Carrell! I would love to post pics, however my home computer is done, gone...and so I've not loaded pics to Duane's computer...

David Anderson said...

I'm glad you have someone like that in your life ma!! Glad you can go (and on Dad's brithday no less), and continue where you left off last time you saw each other. Glad your travel was less eventfull, (ie delays and what not).

Glad to have you back...

:)