Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer family visits

Duane's brother came for a visit this weekend. A stop over on their way to a week at the coast. They are from Missouri and though his brother grew up here in town, his wife and kids haven't been to California. Bakersfield welcomed them with a nice hot day, for them to live in the pool. They played cards in the pool, read their books, dove for quarters and even managed to drop a cell phone in the pool!! And of course you can't play in the pool without a cookout (do they say that in this part of the country...I might bring it back!~) Uncle/cousin Dave fired up the bar-bie and caused the neighbors in the hood to drool...
as David usually says "Bring it"

3 comments:

David Anderson said...

I'll fire it up any time!!

Angela said...

Makes me cry....sniff sniff...with very fond remembrances of you and I tanning at G'Marie's pool, watching our five kids have "cousin fun"...
I love you, Carol! You'll always be my favorite sister-in-law....always.

Heartfelt love from Angie

carol grams said...

ahhh, Angie, thanks for stopping by...love you too! carol