Friday, April 20, 2012

Project couch cushions

So, the couch was well loved and still needed to function, at least for a while longer. Excitment ensued and the project launched, recover the couch cushions! (Little do you know, my sewing capability! just ask my daughter!) A trip ensued to F&M Fabrics where lovely paisley cut velvet fabric was purchased and with much anticipation brought home.
First step...enough fabric was purchased...that is a good thing! Laying out the fabric is exciting, but a pattern was needed. Out came the seam ripper, whew, there were a LOT of stitches taking these cushions apart! Down go the previous cushion fabric patterns and a, a, a....now I have to CUT the fabric...that is always a little intimidating to me...

Did I say it has been a while since I've sewn anything? And I don't even own a sewing machine anymore! Have to figure out how to thread this new one, tension test...still haven't lost my patience!

One done and down!

A long break ensues?.. You know, life moves and I have to keep up! And the excitement wanes...



A few weeks go by...back at it again...
Sewing again!


And even bent pins can't stop me now!

Almost done!

Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Lois' Laughlines said...

I still cannot believe that you can do this. How long have I known you??? If you need more practice, you can cover my couches. What a great job.