Sunday, January 25, 2009

In view of God's Mercy


I've been reminded this week, again, about God's incredible Mercy. This post has been rolling around trying to refine itself in my head, but this is all it has come down to, reiterated again by Pastor Eric in church this morning:

In VIEW of God's MERCY...

Love must be sincere
Cling to what is good
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
honor one another ABOVE yourselves
keep your spiritual fervor
serve the Lord
be joyful, patient, faithful, in hope, in affliction in prayer
share with God's people who are in need
practice hospitality.

How I desperately need to remind myself. I think that is why I so love Rom 12. Because, Therefore, in view of God's mercy.....the doctrine in the previous chapters are so important for foundation, but Therefore, gives me renewed gumption. It is like taking a deep pause, a refreshing breath, a motivation to press on, move ahead, keep going....not a list to keep...but a 'why wouldn't I...in view of His great Mercy,' 'you see, at the right time, when I was/am still helpless, Christ died for me...because God has poured out his love into my heart by the Holy Spirit. so I am urged to live a life worthy of the calling I have received, completely humble, and gentle, how difficult that is for me!!! so.....in view of God's mercy!!!

'Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!! How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out!!! Who has know the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God that God should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To HIM be the glory forever!!!


1 comment:

lorieloo said...

so great mom, what a great way to start my day! (yes, I'm starting my day at 11:30=)

but I love that: from Him, through Him, why wouldn't we??...love that.