Sunday, January 4, 2009

Many faces of Christmas 2008

For most people Christmas is full of traditions! In my small immediate family, the tradition was we worked around what my folks did for Christmas. Some times they were out of town, some times the out of town folks came our way, sometimes it was just them and us, but my que as the mom was plan for family time somehow. When my kids were small, my step-dad, Mac, dressed as Santa Claus and came for a visit. They figured out at a pretty early age that he was Grandpa, so they would call him 'Granpa Santa'!! He had for years dressed as Santa for Christmas parties and events, being he made the perfect Santa with a belly like a bowl full of jelly and a nose like a cherry, he even smoked a pipe! Nowadays, he and my mom live in a mobile home park and for the last 3 years we have attended their Christmas dinner, with my step-dad still playing Santa! With his daughter Jan!
With 'Mrs Claus' and granddaughter from Sacramento, Deby
Ahhhh.....Santa, what I really want....


We went back to their place after dinner and enjoyed a very rare occasion, just the two of us and the two of them opening a few small packages! This one is from grandaughter Carissa, a cross stitch about grandparents


Christmas day!!


Daddy Scott and Henry (I know it's in here twice, he's just too cute in his Tonka truck!)


Henry and Momma Lorie

Granddad!!
Can't forget grand dog Buddi!


And the face of 'Yes, of course'!!!





And one more of Henry!!! LOL! (How can I resist!)

3 comments:

lorieloo said...

great GREAT faces mom=)

Mama2 said...

Love our Henry boy. He is the only one of the "4" ( I call them the litter) who will ride on my Kneely. I loved the video of him playing the drums.

Emily Faulknor said...

I love these pics Carol and loved seeing you this last weekend! I love your family!!!