Monday, September 1, 2008

Moving Day

It was moving day! I love to move! Well, at least the anticipation of something new, new people, new home, new places to explore. I love all the eagerness and excitement! Duane and I have counted up between us, neither of us have lived in one house/apt for more than 10.5 years! and that was just recently! I moved alot as a child.
And it is hard to move, always making new friends, changing schools, leaving what is comfortable to the anxiousness of the unknown. As an adult, those things still plague me. And leaving friends and the thought of attempting to make new ones gives me a knot in my stomach. Friends are God's gift to us, each one special unto themselves, what they offer to you. But I only know that as an adult in middle years (ok, old) And I cherish the friends I have. Brett and Emily, may God grant you new and dear friends as you move to a new home, new job, new place to explore.

Whew!! how did that get started! Brett and Em stopped on their way to New Town! Yeah!
It's always good to see cousins!

And present 3 year old wedding gifts! Lorie presented Em with her wedding album scrapebook! ooooo's and aaahhhh's over their special day!


And the pleasure of meeting Henry!


A swim in the pool, Teryx include



Soaking up the sun!!!



And Popsicles for nostalgia sake!!


And the guys bonding as only guys can do!!

2 comments:

lorieloo said...

Lets do it again!!!=)

Brett Faulknor said...

Yes, please lets do ASAP!!! I love our home away from home. I can't wait for the next time and thank you for all of the pics. I love you!!!